Concerned about the security of your sensitive data but find file encryption too time consuming? Imagine a virtual disk drive (implemented as a Windows device driver) that automatically encrypts all data written to it and transparently decrypts that data for any application as long as the disk is mounted. Once unmounted, the encrypted disk is completely unreadable by unauthorized users… and thieves. That’s SpyProof!
Virtual Disk Encryption
SpyProof! enables users to create and manage encrypted virtual
disks that provide transparent data encryption. Users must authenticate in order to ‘mount’ encrypted disks and make the contents accessible. To authorized users and applications, SpyProof! disks appear as additional drives; unauthorized users see only random data.
Virtual Disk Encryption is performant!
- users do not notice a performance change
- system boot and application load times are unchanged as these system components are not encrypted
Use Cases for SpyProof!
Encrypting Data at Rest
Protect laptop computers and physically unsecured desktops and servers from security breaches due to loss or theft
Easily create encrypted backups; backup the encrypted SpyProof! data files even when the disks are mounted (live backup of in use disks)
Securing Network Storage
Provide secure network storage for users; users can store an entire SpyProof! disk on a network server and only they and their authorized managers, not system administrators, can access the data
Enable data compartmentalization by giving users an administratively inaccessible storage pool
- Protects files automatically without user intervention
- Secures large datasets easily
- Allows administration of Windows without admins having access to sensitive data
- Uses CMVP-validated FIPS 140-2 cryptography
- Deploys simply and is centrally managed with ease
- Works in both large and small organizations scaling to millions of users and files
- Uses today’s proven standards, including ANSI X.509 and IETF PKIX, TLS, and S/MIME
- Bulk Encryption: 128/192/256-bit AEC-CBC (FIPS 197),
- Key Exchange: RSA (up to 16384-bit keys; FIPS 186-4; ANSI X9.31), ECDH (233/283/409/571-bit NIST curves in char. 2, 256/384/521-bit NIST curves in char. p; NIST SP800-56A; ANSI X9.63; IEEE 1363)
- Message Authentication: SHA-1 (FIPS 180-4; ANSI X9.30), SHA-2 (FIPS 180-4)
- DBRG: NIST SP80-90A HMAC, DBRG SHA-256 (256-bit)
- Hardware Support: Supported APIs include PKCS#11, Microsoft CAPI; Microsoft Supported Tokens: DOD CAC, PIV, other smart cards, USB tokens, hardware security modules and biometric devices
- File Systems: NTFS (default), FAT-32
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, or above (x64)
- Windows Server 2012R2, 2016, 2019, or above (x64)